Welcome to the farm

Dedicated to my Husband ,Marvin, who lost his battle to Mesothelioma July 14th,2010.

All images and information are created by Kristy. All images are protected by copyright.





Monday, January 10, 2011

Here is my entry for the Jan. Sketchbook Challenge

Here is my entry for the January 2011 Sketchbook Challenge. This months theme challenge is "Highly Prized" . I have done several other pieces in different journals. But this one is the one I am entering. Highly Prized to me is my family. So a little hand drawn word art. A few silly cartoonish faces for my family. Including Marvin who has a halo at the top of the F. Hanging from the F are our we

dding rings and my Pandora Bracelet. All things I highly prize. Marvin smiled down on this one and had a hand in creating this one. I have not felt his presence as intently as I did today. Peace,joy,and comfort filled my heart.

This piece has been created in a Strathmore Visual Journal. 9x12 size. I used the water color 140pd one. I have used my favorite pens, Pigma to do all of the drawing. I then played with some different mediums. A Niji watercolor brush,watercolor paints,Pitt brush pens and Gelly Roll Stardust pens to add a little sparkle here and there.

I'm sure I won win any of the awesome prizes after seeing my competition, but I am sticking by my previous post... To complete this challenge each month !!!
Blessings and hugs... Kristy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristy,

    What a sweet, touching blog! You've been through so much. I enjoy following your spiritual journey. I love your artwork and it inspires me to go back to drawing, myself.

    I will be following!

    God bless,

    Lady Kara

    ReplyDelete