Welcome to the farm

Dedicated to my Husband ,Marvin, who lost his battle to Mesothelioma July 14th,2010.

All images and information are created by Kristy. All images are protected by copyright.





Monday, March 14, 2011

hEaLiNg ThRoUgH aRt

REMEMBERING MARVIN...
Today marks 8 months since my dear husband got his wings and flew up to heaven. He went peacefully from our arms to heavens door. I know he watches over me and is my guardian Angel. I miss him so much,but I know I would not want him back having to suffer the way he did the last year of his life. With everything going on here on earth lately... he is in a far better place. Will I go on? Yes. Do I like how life has changed? NO and yes! NO,because I would have much rather lived the rest of my life with him by my side.
YES...because I am following a life long dream. I am persuing my art studies. I know without a doubt that if Marvin was here he would totally agree. He always loved when I was creating. He was my biggest cheerleader. I can still hear him saying " Oh honey, I love it. I don't know how you do it !! I'm so proud of you !!" I know he is watching over me and saying the same thing. Ok... tears again !!

Collected and ready to share a bit of my journey with art . I so love the She Art Workshop with Christy Tomlinson. This is the last week and it is sad in many ways. I so love Christy's way of teaching. Her excitement is contagous.She has given me so many tools for my creative tool box. I can not express my gratitude to her enough. Her class was my very first online workshop. I am so blessed to have been led to her and her amazing workshop. Speaking of... she is having a giveaway for her She Art Workshop that will begin in April. Please click the Scarlett Lime button on the right hand side of my blog if you are interested. I know you will not regret it !!! I have posted several of my She Art Girls.. Scroll down !! LOL !!!

I have discovered a whole new world. I was again led to an amazing young woman ,Tam, at www.willowing.org. She has an amazing number of workshops that I so love. This is where I am learning to do faces,watercolour and mixed media faces / characters. I joined her group Willowing and friends and I love it there !! I have posted a few of my pieces here on the blog. I finished another yesterday. Here she is....

I so love where my life is taking me. I do not know where it is taking me ,but I know there is a reason why this world has opened up to me. I am just hanging on for this amazing ride.

I want to leave you with a piece of a song that Marvin and I lived by the last year of his life... it is from Tim Magraws song.. "Live like you were dyin' !" I know what it means through the eyes and voice of my husband. He loved, laughed and cried. We grew closer than I could ever explain. His smile came easily, even when he was so ill. So dear friends.... live like you were dyin' . Don't put off telling someone you love that you love them. Do it now.. walk away from the computer , or send an email,text,write a note. Just do it !!! You never know dear one.. when someone you love will not be here on earth in the next moment !!!

Hugs and blessings...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kristy, I found you from the BGC blog hop. I am so happy that you shared your blog address. How beautiful and inspiring this post is. It brought tears to my eyes; tears of sadness of your loss and tears of joy for your new beginnings. Your story represents how someone can take a tragedy in their life and find the good somehow. You are a brave, inspirational and courageous woman! And your art is beautiful, which reflects your beautiful soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo beautiful, Kristy!

    I want you to know several things...you should be getting your package from me TODAY! At least that is what the post office said:) And I am planning on signing up for Christy's class TODAY!! Can't wait!! AND I am a member of Willowing but have never used it soooooooo....I am gonna do that today, too!

    Your Marvin looks like the dearest, sweetest man. Your attitude with all this is wonderful. I am a reader of your blog and am so happy I found you through the Brave Girl Blog hop. Bless you, Kristy!!!

    Love,
    Leslie from Words of Me Project:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristy!
    Healing Through Art is an amazing name for a blog ~ i love that and it really drew me in.

    I followed your sweet comment on Christy Tomlinson's blog today and I really loved reading this touching tribute to your sweet husband. Thank you for sharing that with us (XO)

    I was also excited for you when i read that you are following your dreams with Art and are loving Tam's "Willowing" site (me too!) and that you're a brave girl? Me too!!!!! I'm an SR/BG and pretty bummed that tomorrow's the last day!!!!!!!!! Looks like we're both having major withdrawals...

    I know I was meant to find your blog today ~ your positive outlook really warmed my heart and I'm impressed by all that you've accomplished. You are a breath of fresh air!!! Hope to find you on FB ~ or maybe BG. Please come and visit my blog when you have the time.

    - vicki xo

    ReplyDelete